Sunday, September 25, 2011

Uta no Prince-sama 1000% Maji Love

I was debating whether to create a new blogger, wordpress,tumblr account to post about my two-cents about the anime shows that I have been watching or choose of the many online account I have. Then I realized that doing that would mean extra work for me. I don't even have the time nor strength to maintain all of my accounts. So I didn't. And I just thought, "why not use my DW account instead?". So here I am.

Today I shall be talking about the Playstation Portable game-turned-manga-turned-anime Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% also-known-as UtaPri (which we will call by this name from now on).




So what is UtaPri all about?

With dreams of becoming a composer and someday writing a song for her favorite idol, Haruka enters the Saotome Academy, a prestigious performing arts school. If successful there, she’ll be able to join the Shining Agency after graduation. However, it won’t be so easy when Haruka is already surrounded by potential idols and composers. On top of that, her homeroom teacher is a current idol, the headmaster was a record-breaking singer, and the academy itself is a chaotic place where anything can happen. Which prince of song will be paired up with Haruka?! Uta no Prince Sama is an exciting, coming-of-age romantic comedy that will be like sweet music to your eyes and ears!

Source: NicoNico via MyAnimeList

Basic information about the anime that you may be interested about is listed below:
  • Episodes: 13
  • Status: Finished Airing
  • Aired: Jul 3, 2011 to Sep 24, 2011
  • Producers: A-1 Pictures
  • Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shoujo, Harem
  • Duration: 25 min. per episode
  • Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older


Now, I have never played an UtaPri game, ever. First of all, when I first watched the anime, I was not aware that it was originally an otome game. Also, my nihonggo is seriously crappy. However, due to endless trolling, I have found some nifty information about the show, its characters, and the outcomes.

I have been spoiled before reaching half of the whole show! Bwahahahaha.

Although, in comparison to the character "growth" in the games, I was somewhat disappointed with the anime. I did like the fact that they have dedicated at least an episode per main character (except for Tokiya; coz that dude took the limelight in almost all of the latter episodes. LOL) *please highlight to read what I just said.; but, I don't believe the 13 episodes were enough to build a story.

They sing, they dance, they are bi-polar. They have given highlight to each one of the boys per episode but not everything about them were included; like Syo having a heart condition and a twin brother who attends Saotome Gakuen's sister school.

I dunno. Is this some ploy for people to buy the game so we can actually see the heroine end up with anybody? The outcome is like that of Kiniro no Corda (I said the outcome, not the show). Kahoko didn't end up with anyone in the anime. However (there's a big HOWEVER); Kahoko did end up with somebody in the manga. As I have not seen any completed scanlation of UtaPri, I'm not sure if she's going to end up with anyone in the UtaPri manga. It would be better though, if they create a season 2 with more episodes and more storyline.

It's such a disappointment that they built so much material for Tokiya and Haruka, and yet they didn't end up together. C'mon how many times had those had the chance to admit that they like each other?!

13 episodes just wasn't enough to make the show more interesting. I'm thankful for the bishie-overload; but a deeper storyline and more character growth would've been nice.

The redeeming part of the last episode of the show is the debut concert of the boys. You've seen that concert part the last 12 episodes (since it's the closing video of the whole show, save for episode 1 because it was the opening vid for that one); but, you'll feel like you wanna join those screaming fangirls because Starish is just fuckyeahawesome! I wanted to be there! They played the extended version of Maji Love 1000% (which happens to be on constant repeat on my iPod). That was rctfghwjpkhpl;gawldAWESOME!

Did anyone of you notice them pretty bishies in the concert?


Don't mind Shining. He will always be weird.
I seriously can't believe that he's Otoya's father. <--highlight to see


Now that you've actually noticed them, I have found a bonus tidbit about those eyecandies;

From left to right: Camus, Kurosaki Ranmaru, Kotobuki Reiji, and Mikaze Ai
The 2nd one Ranmaru looks a bit like Cloud Strife, neh?
as per Eva of AngryAnimeBitches they are part of a new game. egklhsuofhodijqdqdAWESOME!

I seriously can't wait to find out more about these 4. I'm partial to the 2nd and 4th guys from the left.

UPDATE: These 4 are supposedly the senpais for our original bishies + Cecil. I was trolling around Tumblr and found this and this about them senior bishies. OMFG!!!

To sum it all up my reaction from beginning to end would be in this order:



Pretty bishies! Must. Start. Watching.


OHEMGEEEEEEEE! Them bishies are AWSUM!


I can feel it in my bones, she won't be ending up with anybody.



WTF?! THAT WAS IT?! I'M HAVING MIXED EMOTIONS.

So anyway, UtaPri is done. It's over. Although this is making me hold on to the thought that there might be a 2nd season:


Yeah, right. But a girl can dream. I really wish they make another season because:

1. I want to see Tokiya and Haruka together-together. Yah know, like shoving in Shining's face that that no relationship rule is all sorts of bull (although, some K-Pop management instill this rule right?).
2. I want to see the boys bond now that they're a group. Like food fight-paintball/watergun bonding.
3. I WANT TO GET TO KNOW THOSE SEMPAIS! SRSLY!!!

Recommendations: Don't go around looking for the romance aspect in this show because it's almost non-existent. Pfft. However, if you're looking for a light (and I mean very light) anime to watch with an awesometastic list of seiyuus and a more awesometastic soundtrack then UtaPri is for you.


I'm giving this show: out 10 because of them drool-worthy bishies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...