Monday, January 28, 2013

Sharing My Thoughts: Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner

*I know there are white lines on my post. I did this post originally on Word then copy-pasted to my email and then copy-pasted it here. It got this way somewhere along the way. I've said too much already to do it again and leave it the way it is. It's not making it unreadable anyway. Merci!

Yay! Finally had the time to add another post to my blog.

I'm pretty sure there's tons of reviews for this product, so I thought "why not another one"? Hahaha.

This blog is my outlet for my obsession for buying skincare items/make-up so I would like to blab about what I actually use instead of things that I end up buying just to make a review out of.

Sharing one's opinion over something that is actually being used tend to be more meaningful than forcing yourself to use something just so you can do a review on it.

But that's just me. I'm all for the reviews of other bloggers out there. They're very informative and entertaining. Anyhoo, back to what I was saying..

Yes. It's called Freshner, not Freshener. Don't ask, I have no idea. Koreans like naming their products in an absurd manner.


Anyway, I've been hearing good reviews about this product and when I saw it at the Etude Boutique, I did buy the big ass bottle (although, it wasn't in my immediate plans that day).
The Wonder Pore Freshner is a toner. I've never really cared much about toners because I didn't know what it really did.
I remember the days that I used the Eskinol toner, as well as the Ponds toner, that were meant to teens. I loathed those. They sting the skin like a b*tch and they really didn't do much for me.
Fast forward to now when I learned the wonders of a skincare regimen (which I try to follow/do as much as I can).
Speaking of regimen, since I'll be blabbing about the toner, below is what I do on a (semi) daily basis:
1. Facial Wash (Facial Scrub atleast once a week)
1.5 Face Mask
2. Toner
3. Emulsion
4. Serum
Today is my toner's day! Haha.
The Wonder Pore Freshner's battle cry is, "I am the wonder woman for your pore!". This is written on the bottle using a very adorable font. Haha.

Let's see if the statement lives up to the expectation.
♥ The Packaging 


The Freshner comes in an acetate -like box and aptly designed. The bottle is aqua blue which is very pleasing to the eyes and quite sturdy.

The 500ml bottle comes with this awesome inverted pump. Be careful, though. You need to secure your cotton pad (you may use a ball, but the pad is preferred), otherwise, the toner will squirt wherever.

I believe the 250ml has a flip cap, although rather disproportionate. I think the 500ml dispenses a more even amount than the 250ml. But that's just me.

 The Ingredient List (taken for Pretty and Cute)
Water, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-26 Betaine, Sea WAter, PEG-60 Hydrogenated CAstor Oil, Dosium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Cycmbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Water, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Nelumba Nucifera Flower Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Chamaecyparais Obtusa Water, Pulsatilla Koreana Extractm Dosdium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol
There is alcohol but there are no parabens. I really don't mind the alcohol content. It helps with my oily skin anyways.

 What it claims and what I think about it:

► Maintains ph 4.5 to within 1 ph
The PH level of a normal healthy skin should be 4.5 to 5.5. Anything more causes acne. Continuous use will help reduce pimples/acne.
► Deep cleanses pores
This one is for sure. Using a toner should be a staple to one's skincare regimen. You wouldn't believe the amount of dirt that is not removed with just using a facial wash. In comparison, the Freshner removes more dirt than the other toners I have tried.
► Refines the skin tones
Uhmm.. not really sure. I think the Vitamic C line works better. But it doesn't make my skin tone any less than it already is.
► Keep the elasticity of pores
Ok, so I had the bad case of prepubescent acne and I don't think anything can be done to conceal my large pores but it does minimize it a bit with continuous use. Like getting your skin stretched but not so much.
► Minimize appearance of pores
See above statement
► Control a large amount of the sebum (oil control)
And again with the continuous use. When I used the Freshner everyday, I found my skin less oilier and was it heaven! I have oily combination skin; my t-zone can get very oily but the sides of my face is dry. This has kept the oilies at bay. I swearzz.
► Moisturize inside and outside of skin
Unlike the old fashion toners that kill ones face, this has kept my face smooth after use. As much as I like the squeaky clean feeling, I'd like to bring back moisture to it (oily-combi face, hello?)
Click to enlarge. This is the promises of the Wonderpore Freshner is cute drawings. Haha.

  Scent
Well, it's pleasant enough, although I really can't describe it. Not really empowering. It disappears immediately.

 Where to get it: Etude House boutiques and kiosks (here in the Philippines), online via Han Ryu or Kkochipida (for pre-order).

 How much: P798 (500ml) and P478 (250ml) at the Etude House PH stores. You can get it online around P100 less than the actual store prices.

Directions.

Description and instructions on the box. 
What I have left after 5 months and the constant stealing of my brother to transfer to his bottle to use as facial mist.
Still have this much after 5 months. Including my brother's transfer to his bottle.
Pros:
·         No stings!
·         Helps cleaning up residues that cannot be removed with just facial wash.
·         Balances the skins pH level and keeps face moisturized.
·         Helps with oil control in the long run.
·         Oil control.
·         Have I mentioned oil control? Haha.
Cons:
Err.. Not much really. I mean, it didn't promise to irradicate my large pores. So the word "minimize" is quite factual.

♥ Recommendations: Get it! The 500ml bottle will last you for months. It can also be used as a facial mist so that’s another plus.☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...